MK 24 Spitfire Review



History

The last variant Spitfire Mk 24 was similar to the Mk 22 except that it was fuel capacity increased in comparison to its predecessors, with two gal fuel tank 33 (150 l), which are respectively installed in the rear fuselage. There was also zero connections for missiles under the wings. All had the biggest "Spiteful" Tail: Changes were also made to the gear finishing inspiring traction tab F Mk 24 F Mk 24 has a top speed of 454 mph (731 kmh) and could lead to a height of 30,000 feet (9100 m) in 8 minutes reach, place it on a par with the most advanced piston engine fighters of the era. Rated at 2050 hp (1530 kW) 12-cylinder liquid-cooled V Griffon 61 engine provided a two-stage compressor, so that the Spitfire excellent performance at high altitudes, which is sometimes lacking in the first brands

Intro
Hobby King is known for bargains and cheap parts. They went through great measures in recent years the quality of the air they produce to increase. Their line Durafly increasingly pump models are really impressive. I decided to take a chance and see how their latest model would Spitfire MK24 stack their existing aircraft.

Kit Contents
The Spitfire took less than a week to reach my home and luckily arrived without damage. The set was very well packed with lots of foam and hold tight. The aircraft is equipped with the motor, ESC, servos and electrical drives pre-installed. The wing has not only fins and lights but broken shutters that are preinstalled. The kit includes an elevator, air vent and under the radiator fins. The Hobbyking Spitfire MK 24 is an accessory to 4 blades and fittings for the assembly of the aircraft.



Mounting
Like most had started on the little things for the first time. I cracked the bag and the inboard aileron bolted on each side of the wing. To make the job easier horns predrilled I with a screw before you install them in the plan. After the fins were over, I switched to the broken shutters. The flaps are easy to use and it only took a matter of minutes, until the horns were over. The same procedure was used for the rudder horn is complete.
    



The elevator is very easily connected and secure workpiece drawing. The two pieces dozer blade on a carbon rod and meet in the middle of the aircraft tail section. The elevator is then secured with two screws, the sealed assembly for mounting.
The wing is all of a piece, if not actual assembly is required, but before screwing the wing into the fuselage panels need to be plugged into the side of the aircraft. I chose epoxy fairing for the plane to before mixing epoxy I scraped the inside of the cover with sand paper to create an adhesive surface. Once the panels were done, I hit the wing and secure with four metal screws. The assembly of the wing feels very safe.

   

After the wing was finished on I put on different parts such as guns, under the radiator fins and snorkel. At this point, I made sure that all moving parts work and easily. I found that the rudder and elevator rods too long, so I had to remove the pedals and reposition for a better fit. After you've all systems bars "go" on the beautiful 4-blade propeller and the conical nose so I bolted.




The whole assembly was pretty painless and even a novice cold stone would not be a matter of putting the Spitfire with the super-duper detailed manual. Seriously, this is one of the most detailed manuals that I have never seen Hobby King. The last level that I received from them do not even include a manual!



Technical Specifications

The Hobby King Spitfire MK24 has a span of 1100 mm with a total length of 970mm. The warbrid weighs about 1200g a 2200mAh 3S Lipo stuff inside. Spitfire credit equal to 70mm for GC. The aircraft is driven by a brushless motor 750KV is capable of 340watts power at 30 amps. The model has a 35 A ESC and a variety of other features like retractable landing Servoless, broken shutters, lighting and detailed painting. The plane is made from EPO foam that looks smooth and beautiful. One feature I really liked was the simplicity of the steerable tail wheel. I have too much too complicated or too weak seen designs for the rear wheels, but the design is so simple it's stupid! Only one tab tab that exceeds the side of the rudder, which connects the tail wheel. And is so easy!

First flight
After the plan a thorough pre-flight inspection I went off the runway and suffocates the plane. The 4-blade propeller immediately came to life and the Spitfire rolled on the track with ease. Tail wheel was built from the ground after only six feet and it was probably less than 20 meters before the plane crashed into the air. I was immediately pleased with the performance weight to weight of the aircraft. It felt super light and had a large amount of gas in reserve. Withdrawals, pulled nicely after I flipped the switch and once in the air, I found only plan required about 4 clicks high cutting fly. Despite the level flight the lift was a bit difficult in flight and could throw a small reduced or expo benefit.
I flew around the field for about 5 minutes at a distance big smile on my face. The Durafly Spitfire flew without problems! My only complaint or question came when I tried to land, but I'll keep it on the landing of the review section.
   


Flight behavior
King Recreation Durafly Spitfire flies really nice out of the box! The aircraft had no bad habits, and had a lot of energy from the propeller 4 blades. Saliva flow can all basic aerobatic movements he makes do with ease. Inverted flight was very balanced and scheduled flights is very easy and not difficult. The Warbird can with only half the gas putt-putt around the field and it moves at a reasonable pace, when the throttle control to "11" was filmed. I have not felt pen stalls or unstable flight when I fly into the air, can, in fact, warbird Spitfire slow down to a crawl better than I have ever seen. It's really amazing. Broken window shutters are very effective in slowing the Spitfire. Sometimes I launched the Spitfire over the distance at the speed of such a worm, I thought I could reach out and grab the plane with a drop of sweat. This is a huge feature that is not enough, may be particularly marked for the pilot who has difficulty with landings.

Offs and landings
Offs in Durafly Spitfires were a breeze, given the amount of energy that the bird. After six to eight feet and running the tail wheel off the track and in about 10 meters appears more Spitfire in the air. Only ¾ gas more than necessary to get this plane in the air. I have not tested, but given the power I believe that this plan could be started by hand ... but start at your own risk!
    

Durafly landing the Spitfire seemed hard until I get the hang of. The train is a little bouncy when you come in too steep, so be aware of their basketball-type functions. With the lower parts of Spitfire is a float. In the first few races, I actually had trouble keeping Warbird on the floor! He just kept going and going. I finally found the perfect combination for flaps, only half and 1/8 throttle. This combo moves the aircraft is on the ground in a beautiful, predictably. In view of the floating capacitance I imagine the Spitfire could be landed in a small space. Awesome!

Is this plan for a beginner?
I would not recommend this for a new RC pilot but it is certain that I first Warbird even the first Finn to plan or perhaps as. Some education and understanding of the ailerons and flaps
Graduation
HK Durafly Spitfire MK 24 is a warbird fly solid which has surprising properties. I was very impressed by the build quality and the paint system. There was hardly a spot on the plane when I unpacked. The engine and added esc combo provide plenty of power and torque while. In the air or on the ground Spitfires tried to land a handful, but the broken shutters tame this wild animal with ease. Overall, the Durafly Spitfire is a solid purchase and is incredibly inexpensive it would be foolish not to have it in the hall.